Do you have unexpected guests coming over in 15 minutes, but your house is a wreck? We have all been there, but don’t despair, below are 6 things that you can do to fake a clean home.
- First go through the areas that your guests will congregate, which is usually the living room, dining room, and/or kitchen. Pick up any items that don’t belong in those rooms and find a closet or another off limits to the guest part of the house. Hide everything you pick up in one place, so you’re not tearing up the house later to find them.
- Quickly wipe down only surfaces that have visible dirt, grime or dust with an all-purpose cleaner. My go to is Method Surface Cleaner. Not only does it do a great job, but they come in lovely scents. (you can also dry dust if you own antique pieces).
- Speaking of lovely scents, if your home as an odor to it, you can light a candle or turn on your essential oil diffuser.
- After you finished in the main area, move onto the bathroom. First check the state of the toilet. If it looks dirt, quickly wipe it down with a spray cleaner or disinfecting wipe. Also don’t forget to give the inside of the bowl a once over with the toilet brush.
- Once your finished with the toilet, wipe any toothpaste marks off of the sink and mirror.
- At the end pull out the vacuum and quickly go over only the areas that the guests will see. Vacuuming can do wonders for the appearance of your space.
- Finally get yourself ready, they’ll be here any minute!