Today I thought I would do something a little different and share a recipe that was given to me by a coworker of my husband. Like the title says, it is a very yummy Chicken Tortilla Soup. Here is a picture with a little sharp cheddar sprinkled on top.
Here is the actual recipe. Don’t let this long list of ingredients scare you. Many of the items are probably in your fridge and pantry, since they are used in a multitude of dishes.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 10 oz)
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 (14 ¼ oz) cans of chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 oz) canned diced peeled tomato’s, undrained
- 1 (10 ¾ oz) can of condensed tomato soup
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sautè for 2 minutes. Then stir in chicken and the next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil. Finally, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. You can serve with tortilla chips and sour cream. My husband and I usually enjoy it with a slice of rosemary and olive oil bread. It was recommended to me to use a rotisserie chicken, since it contains more flavor. Bone Appétit!